Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Losing Control

I just changed the settings for comments to this blog. Up to this point I have moderated all comments. I was concerned about spam or an inappropriate comment being posted. Well like most blogs, and indeed most writers over the centuries, I should have been more worried about not enough readers instead of the wrong kind of reader!

So now comments appear immediately and I get an e-mail when one is posted. If I am encouraging our staff in the Library to reconsider (not abandon, just reconsider) the level of professional control we exercise over information delivery in this Web 2.0 world, then I should practice what I preach.

So go ahead, comment away. Please, I'm beggin' ya.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Jonathan,

I'm posting. See begging works. I'm impressed with your blog, keep it up.

See you in CA.
Sue

PS Now that was appropriate, no?